1. Who are we?
At ReaderMonthly we dedicate our time to deliver quality products to consumers in an easy, cheap and discrete manner. We do our utmost to be able to offer a wide range of products that can satisfy as many consumers as possible when it comes to a good price and high quality.
As a member of ReaderMonthly, you each month get an amount of credits that you can use in the ReaderMonthly entire shop to purchase every day goods in bulk. The amount of credits you receive is equal to the membership cost, based on the EUR currency (1 EUR = 10 credits).
In ReaderMonthly credit shop, we offer a very wide variety of products. All of our products are held at low price and the price always includes packaging and shipment.
To keep it as simple as possible, you only need to use your credit card once. Afterwards, a small amount of money is deducted from your credit card each month, and converted into credits that you can spend in the shop.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and in the following we explain on what basis we treat the personal information that we collect from you, or that you provide us with. You can find full details of our specific treatment of personal information under section 4, Personal Data.
Please read the entire text on the conditions and protection of personal data carefully to ensure that you understand our views and practices regarding your orders at ReaderMonthly and your personal data.
Please be aware that you can not place an order if you do not accept ReaderMonthly terms and conditions.
2. Terms and agreement
2.1. Acceptance of the terms and agreement
When you place an order, you acknowledge that you have read, and that you agree to readermonthly.com terms and conditions. It is this that shall be deemed to constitute an agreement between you and ReaderMonthly.
2.2. Terms of subscription
Upon ordering the introductory period, you also subscribe to an on-going subscription, whereby you receive credits in your account every month. You can swap credits for a range of quality products on readermonthly.com – You of course, get free delivery on these products.
3. Ordering a subscription
You have to be at least 18 years old to order or buy a subscription with ReaderMonthly.
3.2 Subscription price
ReaderMonthly may offer promotional campaigns to new subscribers. The price depends on which campaign that you want to use. The introductory (trial) price will cost 5.00€ or lower. The introductory (trial) period will be between 5 and 14 days depending on the terms of the campaign.
The monthly subscription will cost //RENEWAL_PRICE_3//€ or lower, and will continue to be billed on the subscribers credit card until cancelled or unsubscribed by the subscriber.
Please note that prices and charges are subject to change. If you do not agree to the change, you may cancel your subscription in your self-service page or by emailing [email protected]
Your monthly subscription price, which cost //RENEWAL_PRICE_3//€ or lower, can be split into smaller deductions, or downgraded to another pricing model as an automatic service after sign up. If this change occurs your receipts will reflect the new subscription price.
3.3. Payment with credit card
Upon placing and order, the amount for the introductory period will be charged, and the amount for your credits will automatically be transferred to your account. The monthly charge for the subscription will automatically continue until you actively unsubscribe. You can easily manage your subscription details after you have logged in to the members area.
In case of the event that there is no money on your credit card, the deposit of your credits will be postponed until it is possible to make the payment on the card again.
The following credit cards can be used for payment; Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron and JCB.
All billings will be displayed as readermonthly.com on your bank statement.
A confirmation email for your order/payment will be sent to the email you stated upon signing up for the subscription.
3.4 Payment debiting times
All payments will be debited at time of order, if for any reason we do not have the stock or can’t complete you order, you will be notified and your credit or debit card transaction will be cancelled, so that you will not be charged.
We must receive payments for all orders in full, before they are dispatched.
3.5 Right of regret regarding your subscription
You have 14 days right of withdrawal on the purchase of the introductory period. You can only cancel or withdraw your purchase if you have NOT used your credits that follow your subscription. As it is an on-going subscription, there is no right of withdrawal on the purchase of the on-going monthly membership payments. The 14 days start from when you sign up to the introductory period.
Upon the withdrawal of your purchase, you have to send an email to [email protected], where you state the following details:
Subscription information – so we can find the right subscription.
State that you want to cancel your purchase.
3.6 Length of subscription
You can always cancel your subscription.
After the introduction period, the subscription will continue automatically until you actively unsubscribe from it.
3.7 Termination of the subscription
Unsubscribing the subscription has to be done via the website readermonthly.com at least 2 days before the next renewal date (that date is stated on your confirmation letter).
3.8 Subscription information
You can find information about your subscription on the website readermonthly.com. Login information is sent to the email you subscribed with.
3.9 Information regarding personal information
When you order a subscription from ReaderMonthly it is essential that you register with correct personal information.
If there are any changes in your personal information, you are obliged to update them on ReaderMonthly website.
If you get a new credit card, or the credit card has been cancelled or expired, the subscription will cease and you will not be able to make any further purchases. You can inform us about this via email or telephone.
ReaderMonthly reserve the right to send out news and offers from ReaderMonthly and its carefully selected partners – you can unsubscribe from these at any time without a fee.
ReaderMonthly will now and then provide special member promotional offers where you can gain access to the membership benefits for a limited period at a reduced price. The price is stated on the website/offer site also the trial period. In some cases you can also get a welcome gift upon signing up. The gift will be dependent on the specific campaign.
3.12 Taking part in a competition through a promotional campaign
ReaderMonthly may offer competitions to new subscribers as part of the promotional material. When you enter the competition you will automatically be part of the draw.
Each promotional competition will have certain rules such as closing dates and minimal entries, please read the campaign carefully.
General competition terms & conditions, which apply to all campaigns:
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- ReaderMonthly reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, ReaderMonthly reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material.
- Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing to the winner(s) by email.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
4. Personal data
4.1. Processing of personal data
Personal information and card data is handled in compliance with the Privacy Act. Personal information is not passed on to any third party.
Please be aware that credits expire after 12 months.
5. Limitation of liability
ReaderMonthly assumes no further responsibilities than what ReaderMonthly is bound to by Danish law. In case of a dispute or controversy the parties submit all their disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Denmark.
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
The following applies from May 25th 2018
Which personal information do we gather from you?
When you gain access, sign up, participate in, create an account or in other way uses our services, we can collect personal information about you. The personal information, we collect, depends on the circumstances and the services you use, but can consist of the following:
Personal information which you actively provide us
- Name, e-mail, phone number and address.
- Payment information
- User identification, included username for login, password, secret question and the answers of this.
User generated personal information
Your purchase references, i.e. if you react on ads or campaigns
- IP address
We can also gather other information about your use of our services through cookies and similar technologies.
Personal information gathered from third party
We may supplement the information we collect from you with information we receive from third parties and through your use of websites, products or services offered by other companies in our group, //HOLDING_NAME//. This can for example Include information we receive from third parties who provide our payment solutions in order to enable payment when using our Services.
What happens, if you connect your social media services with our service?
You can use your account on social media services, for example. your Facebook account, to connect to some of our Services, such as when you create an account on our Services. If you choose to do so, we collect certain information about your social networking account for the purposes described under “Why do we gather your personal information”. We collect only such personal information as is necessary to perform the Services you request by logging in to your social media account.
Why do we gather your personal information?
We process your personal information for the following purposes:
A) For the sake of our contractual relationship:
- To handle payment for your account and to deliver order and invoice information to you
- To keep track of your purchases in order to ensure that we can provide you with the services that you are entitled to
- To communicate with you about your subscription, account or purchase of our Services
- To inform you about changes in our Services
- To provide offers, news, information, products or services that you request from us
B) For legitimate purposes:
- To share your information with other companies within the CMN Group when necessary for administrative purposes or for the deliverance of our Services to you
- To use IP address or other information required to block the malicious use of our Services for the purpose of protecting our Services or otherwise enforcing or using our Terms and Conditions
- To provide information in a merger and acquisition process for business and strategic management purposes.
- In order to provide you with offers, news, information, products or services that we believe may be of interest to you, including tailor-made advertising, it relate to your likely interests
- For analysis and statistical purposes
- To establish, exercise or defend legal requirements
C) For marketing purposes:
- To send you newsletters if you have consented to this, which may also contain offers, news or information related to our Services and / or other products and services in the CMN Group which we believe may be of interest to you. Please note that at any time you can unsubscribe from the newsletter by changing your account preferences on your account page.
D) We may also process your personal information if it is necessary forus to comply with a legal obligation or decision of an authority.
What legal basis in GDPR is the processing of your personal data based on?
The processing of your personal information for the purposes described below:
- point (A) is required for the conclusion and fulfillment of our obligations following our agreement with you;
- point (B) is required for our legitimate interests in developing, managing, protecting and marketing our Services as well as from a business and strategic perspective;
- point (C) will only occur if we have received your consent to such treatment;
- point (D) is required to comply with legal obligations.
Is it mandatory for you to provide your personal information?
Personal information that we request from you and which is marked “mandatory” in any way, such as using the * symbol, is required for us to provide our Services (for legal, contractual, administrative, technical or similar reasons ). However, some of your personal information may only be required if you use specific features, enable optional parts of the Service, or request access to certain resources, offers, promotions, programs, or similar from us or our affiliates. This will you be informed about before collecting such personal information from you.
Who can we share your personal information with?
The partners, sponsors and advertisers
We can share your personal information with our collaborators and sponsors when you participate in surveys and competitions in the Service. In addition, we may also share your personal information with our collaborators and advertisers, but only after you have requested it or assent that you have consented to it.
As described, we may also use aggregated information to monitor the use of our Services in order to help us improve and develop our Services, and we may make such aggregated information available to third parties, such as. content partners or advertisers. Aggregated information does not include personal information and can’t be linked to you.
Third parties for security or other legitimate reasons
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we reasonably have reason to believe that disclosure of such personal information is necessary:
- In order to comply with applicable legal obligations, including applications, court orders, government requests or search warranties, or otherwise required by law;
- To protect our rights or property, or the safety of our customers or employees;
- To protect against fraudulent, malicious, misuse, unauthorized or illegal use or subscription to our Services and to protect our network, Services, Devices and Users from such use;
- To promote or defend against complaints or legal claims in court, administrative cases and procedures and the like;
- To assess credit risk, for reporting purposes or to receive payment for our Services;
- To external auditors and supervisors
Access to other CMN sites
Where do we process your personal information?
How long do we store your personal data?
We will keep your personal information only as long as we consider it necessary to fulfill our purposes as described above under “Why do we process your personal information”. Then we will delete or, in some cases, anonymize your personal information. We regularly check whether we have saved personal information to be deleted. Since we process your personal information for different purposes, the actual period of personal information will vary.
Typically, the following deletion deadlines apply:
|Data type||What is it?||Deletion deadline|
|User data||User data is information about, how you use the service and which orders you make.||Until the account is deleted (is processed in 5 years)|
|Customer service data||Customer service data is information that you provide when you are in contact with ReaderMonthly’s customer service and voice recordings made for educational purposes.||3 years (call logs and text dialogs)
1 month (voice recordings)
|Account information||Account information is information about your account, such as username, password and purchase information made in the
|Until deletion of account|
|Transaction data||Transaction data is information about transactions made on your account in connection with purchases made in the
How do we protect your personal information?
Protecting your personal information is important to us. All personal information you provide us is stored on secure servers and we have strict procedures to protect against loss, abuse, unauthorized access, change, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. Any payment transactions will be encrypted by industry standard technology and subject to PCI security standards.
While we work hard to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee that our security measures prevent any unauthorized attempts to access, use or disclose personal information. However, we maintain safety and incident plans, including plans for handling any breach of data security, in case of a physical or technical incident to handle this in a timely fashion and limit any adverse effect of such an incident.
How can you access your personal information?
We understand that sometimes you may need additional information from us about your personal information and how they are processed or that you may want to update or correct the personal information you have given us. Therefore, you include the following rights:
- Right to access your personal information: You are entitled to be verified by us if we process personal information about you and, if so, to access your personal information and information
- Right to get corrected personal information: If you find that personal information we treat about you is inaccurate, you have the right to make us correct such personally identifiable information.
- Right to delete personal information (the right to be forgotten): Under certain circumstances, for example, if your personal information has been processed illegally or you have withdrawn your consent (if processing of your personal information is based on your consent), you have the right to request and delete your personal information from us.
- Right to limit processing: under certain circumstances, i.e. If you contest the accuracy of your personal information or if you object to our legitimate purpose to process your personal information, you are entitled to request that we limit the processing of your personal information until a solution has been found.
- Right to protest against processing: under certain circumstances, i.e. if you contest our legitimate interest in processing your personal information, you have the right to object, for reasons relating to your particular situation, against such processing.
- Right to data portability: If your personal information is processed automatically based on your consent or in the performance of our contractual relationship, you have the right to request that we provide you with your personal information in a machine-readable format for transmission to another data controller.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority: You have the right to file a complaint regarding our processing of your personal information to your supervisory authority.
If our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time (however, it will not affect processing based on your consent before withdrawal) by contacting us or by updating the settings in the Service. (where relevant).
Please contact us using the contact details below to make a request for your rights. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to respond to your request within 30 days of receiving such a request. If we cannot comply with your request within 30 days, we will let you know about this, the reason for the delay and when we expect to be able to meet your request.
Also, be aware that you can change your contact preferences on the “Settings” page if you do not want to receive certain types of information from us. You can also do this at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
We are subject to and bound by General Regulation (EU) 20116/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on Data Protection (“GDPR”), Law No 429 of 31 May 2000 on the processing of personal data (“Personal Data Act”) and Act No. 227 of 22 April 2002 on Information Society Services, including certain aspects of electronic commerce (the “e-commerce Act”).